Electrolysis Treatment in Lima, OH
If you live in Lima, Celina or anywhere in the surrounding Auglaize County, OH, area, contact us to bookyour free electrolysis consultation with board-certified and aesthetic-laser-certified family physician Dr.Manu B. Aggarwal and her professional, courteous staff, and you’ll be on your way to permanent hairremoval with electrolysis.
What Is Electrolysis?
Electrolysis is permanent hair removal. Regardless of the cause – heredity, metabolic, or hormonal conditions – electrolysis will permanently remove unwanted hair to reveal a glowing, confident you. Electrolysis uses a small amount of electrical current that is transmitted by a fine, sterile probe (or needle) directly into the natural opening of the hair follicle, destroying the dermal papilla, the matrix, and an area called “the bulge”, all of which cause hair to grow and regenerate. There are three types, or modalities, of electrolysis used today – galvanic (current produces a chemical reaction), thermolysis (short-wave which produces heat) and a modality that blends the two. They all result in effective permanent hair removal.
Are the Results of Electrolysis Permanent?
Electrolysis is the only method approved by the FDA for permanent removal of unwanted hair. As the hair is treated, regrowth is prevented rather than just removed temporarily. Only electrolysis provides both hair removal and hair elimination
How Many Electrolysis Treatments Will I Need?
There are a number of factors that influence hair growth, so you will need to return for several electrolysis visits. The total number of sessions needed to remove hair permanently from a particular area will vary from person to person. Most clients return once a week or every other week as needed. But the unwanted hair will be gone forever once the series of treatments is complete. Each treatment lasts between 15 minutes and one hour.
What Areas of the Body Can Be Treated With Electrolysis?
The most commonly treated areas are:
- Face, chin, beard, and neck
- Chest and nipples
- Bikini line and inner thighs
How Should I Prepare for Electrolysis?
For the best results, follow these guidelines. The Vein Care Center staff will make sure you know exactly what to do – and what not to do – in preparation for your electrolysis treatment.
Before and in between treatment:
- To obtain optimal results you may shave or trim in between appointments. All other hair removal methods (waxing, tweezing, etc.) should be avoided.
- Hair to be treated should be ¼ inch long at the time of treatment
- Do not wear makeup on the day of your treatment.
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment.
What Can I Expect After Electrolysis Treatment?
- Immediately after treatment there should be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site, which may last up to 2 hours. The erythema may last up to 2-3 days. The application of ice during the first few hours after treatment will reduce the discomfort and swelling that may be experienced.
- Following the treatment the area may bruise, break out or scab. These reactions will subside. Do not pick or dislodge scabs should they appear.
- Cleanse the area with a mild antiseptic such as 70% isopropyl alcohol, witch hazel or sea breeze, 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid using soaps and abrasive materials, 24 hours post treatment. There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently.
- Avoid using deodorant or make up on the area 24 hours post treatment
- Use sunscreen, SPF 25 or higher, at all times throughout the course of treatment.
Electrolysis has helped many of our patients in Lima, Celina and the surrounding area of Auglaize County,OH, feel more pleased with their appearance. To find out more about electrolysis, contact us at the Vein Care Center today.