Am I a Vein Treatment Candidate in Lima, OH
It’s estimated that approximately half of the U.S. population suffers from some type of venous disorder. Fortunately, people in Lima, Celina and the surrounding areas of Auglaize County, OH, in need of vein treatment have the Vein Center. Dr. Manu B. Aggarwal, MHSA, MD, a board-certified and aesthetic-laser-certified family physician specializing in vein disease, can determine whether you are a candidate for treatment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Vein Treatment?
The best candidates for any of our vein treatment procedures are those patients who are in overall good health and who have realistic expectations. The only way to know for sure if our vein treatments are right for you is to come in for an appointment with Dr. Aggarwal and the Vein Care Center staff.
In general, you may not be a good candidate for vein treatment if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You are currently pregnant
- You have recently given birth (at least three months after delivery is safe for a procedure)
- You are bedridden
Prospective patients who have had blood clots or ulcers will have their eligibility determined by Dr. Aggarwal
How Do I Know if I Am a Candidate for Vein Treatment?
Look over the following checklist. If any of the following apply to you, you may want to consider scheduling an appointment at the Vein Care Center:
- Have a family history of varicose veins or venous reflux
- Have large, bulging veins. Associated characteristics may include skin changes, redness or warmth near the vein.
- Have any of the following symptoms in the legs, feet or ankles: swelling, itching, burning, aching, restless legs, skin ulcers or tenderness near the vein
- Have previously been diagnosed with skin ulcers or have had slow-healing wounds
- Have previously tried conservative treatment options without success (compression garments, exercise, healthy diet)
If you’ve reviewed the checklist and think you may be a good candidate for vein treatment at the Vein Care Center in Lima, OH, please contact us to schedule your free screening or consultation appointment . We are committed to providing patients in Lima, Celina and the surrounding areas of Auglaize County with the finest vein treatment options available.